Pop Brothers, Gulfport

Hey, Friends!!
Honestly, did you really celebrate the 4th of July if you didn't have AT LEAST one popsicle? I was a senior in high school when I found out that a gourmet popsicle store was being brought to the coast and it has been one of mine and the rest of the coast's favorites! When I say popsicle, I don't mean any regular popsicle you may be thinking of. The owner, Octavio, had a passion for experimenting with combinations of fruits, spices, and herbs. A couple of my personal favorites include watermelon mint, pineapple lemongrass, Mexican horchata, and lavender milk honey! Aside from their delicious fruity popsicles, they also offer indulgent and creamy popsicles! Their menu is so stunning, that I think it is an absolute necessity to share this thing with you, so that you can see the beauty for yourself.
Their menu never stays the same for long, so you're going to want to go often so that you don't miss out on any of Octavio's experiments! I have been trying to become more health conscious with foods that I eat, and I don't have to feel guilty about eating Pop Brothers because all fruit pops are made with real organic fruit and other fresh ingredients! (NO artificial flavoring) For example, the watermelon mint pop is made with local watermelon, fresh mint, fresh lime juice, and sea salt. That's it! Did I mention that you can ask to get your popsicle chocolate coated? Yep. If you are wanting to really treat yo'self, they usually have milk and white chocolate glaze in the store in case you decide to get a chocolate coating on your Mexican Horchata Cream Pop.
Want to take some popsicles home to your fam, or to the beach without them melting? No worries. They have styrofoam coolers and dry ice available for a sicles-to-go option!
Oh, you thought this place couldn't get any cooler? haha, nah. They offer several flavors of pooch pops. So when you go grab yourself an Elvis Presley pop, make sure to grab one for your puppy dog BECAUSE YES THEY MAKE POPS FOR PETS.
Pop Brothers Pooch Pops:
organic chicken broth
fresh mint (for breath)
fresh sage (for digestion)
fresh cut green beans
chicken jerky
I linked a couple other good sweet recipes I've found for y'all to try for your furry friends :)
If any of you are students at USM in Hattiesburg, you have probably come across Pop Brothers! For a while, they had established a section in Seymour's selling popsicles to students, and it was a huge hit! They also have locations all across the MS Coast from Gulfport to Ocean Springs to all the way at the other end in Bay St. Louis.
----Fun 'lil Popsicle Facts----
-More than 2 BILLION popsicles are sold every year.
-August 26th is National Cherry Popsicle Day. (cherry is the #1 sold flavor)
-In 1905, Frank Epperson left a stirring stick in his soda one night and left it on the porch overnight. San Francisco, CA temperatures dropped to a record low, and the next morning Frank walked out to find what he would later coin the "popsicle"!
This is a great place to stop while on the coast, especially in this wild weather! Not to be dramatic, but I'm pretty sure I was sitting in 150 degree temp today. What is a better time to stock up on some gourmet, locally-made popsicles?
If a Pop Brothers popsicle is what is waiting for me at the end of a long beach run, I would be more than willing to run for it. If you know me at all, that is saying SO much, y'all.
As always, support your local businesses SAFELY. Wash your hands & wear your mask, friends :)





These popsicles are so good! Now I want lavender milk honey!!!
ReplyDeleteThese sound AMAZING! Also, I had no idea the popsicle came from a cold night in San Francisco! I'm from San Francisco and I cannot imagine a night cold enough in the Bay to produce a popsicle. It must have been a sweet treat miracle, haha. (Also makes a lot more sense where the "pop" in popsicle comes from now. Now I have to call my sister and tell her. Thanks for the new craving! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Robyn,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore Pop Brothers in Gulfport! During the summer months, it is an essential to stay cool and refreshed with the temperature pushing 100. One of my absolute favorites is the watermelon mint along with some of the original flavors as well. I plan on stopping by hopefully in the coming weeks!
Robyn,
ReplyDeleteI have been dying to try the Pop Brothers in Ocean Springs! I am right down the road from it but have never stopped by. I have seen numerous people post their popsicles on social media and they all look delicious. I have been officially inspired to stop the next time I drive by!
I really like your choice of the pictures, it adds a lot to the blog.
ReplyDelete