Skip to main content
"Coastie" Confessions
Hey, friends! My name is Robyn Chancey, a resident of the Mississippi coast, specifically, Long Beach. I have lived on the coast my entire life and have a steadfast love for this community. My purpose for this blog is to show all of you why the Mississippi coast is one of the most underrated places in the southeast! So much of my home's personality and character shines through our abundance of local businesses. In light of this, I am going to feature and support as many of our local businesses as a can during the next few months. Each week, I will be featuring a new group of 2-3 local coast businesses including anything from coffee shops to bookstores or even antique markets!
During this time of social distancing, we have quite a bit more time to reflect and consider our blessings. Think about what makes your home town special or unique. Many local businesses are struggling financially because of COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders. Therefore, I am very excited to help take care of our small businesses and assist in maintaining what makes my home special!
Hello Robyn! I have only been to the coast a couple of times. Also, whenever I go down to the coast, the only place that I have visited is Biloxi, since I do not know where else I could go. Furthermore, I want to travel to more places before I graduate, and it takes about an hour from Hattiesburg to Long beach, so I am very excited to learn more about Long Beach and what they have over there. Therefore, I am looking forward to reading your blog and visiting the places you recommend.
ReplyDeleteHey Robyn! I'm so glad to see that we are in the same class! As a fellow Mississippian, I'm a little ashamed to say that I've only been to the Mississippi coast a handful of times. However, as the daughter of small business owners, I look for opportunities to support local businesses whenever I can. I look forward to reading your posts about the local businesses in your hometown of Long Beach! Best of luck this semester!
ReplyDeleteRobyn, I am looking forward to read more of your blog since I love to know more about place for me to eat and hang out with friends and family. Thanks for sharing your love for the coast community.
ReplyDeleteHi Robyn! I'm so excited to follow your blog because I am terrible at checking out new local places. We are a military family and move often. My biggest regret each time we move is that I didn't take the time to explore local hangouts. We have one year left in Mississippi and I plan to take notes so we can see more of the coast and what it has to offer. I'm always looking for an excuse to pack up the kids for an "adventure" too. I want them to have great memories of each place we live. Thank you for being our tour guide!
ReplyDeleteHi Robyn! I cannot wait to follow along your blog as I am constantly looking for new places to go to on the coast. Over the past 9 months, I have been dating my girlfriend and she currently lives in Ocean Springs. As I am visiting her, I always love to branch out and see what new places we can eat at or visit. Also, when I was attending Pearl River Community College, the gulf coast was a leisure away from college for my friends and I. I can't wait to see all of the neat places you care to share with us.
ReplyDeleteHey Robyn! I'm really excited to read more of your blog! I am a recruiter for the Office of Admissions at Southern Miss, and the territory I recruit for is the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Since I spend a good chunk of time on the coast, I am always looking for new restaurants to try and places to check out. I love reading other peoples reviews of restaurants, so I can't wait to read about some of your favorites. Mockingbird Cafe is one of my favorite places to drink coffee and work!
ReplyDelete